I am pleased to introduce my new fortnightly newsletter I am producing for the London Wine Fair called Grapevine which looks to give an overview and some analysis on the latest big issues, news and views in the wonderful world of wine.
Please read through and if you want to suggest any stories or ideas for the different elements then please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a link to the first issue of Grapevine which took at look at:
* the implications for the wider wine trade from the major cuts in supermarket wine ranges in face of growing competition from the hard discounter
* a look at some of the latest news including Majestic's plans to raise sales to £500m from £181m by largely acquiring customers through existing stores and canny marketing and social media
* an interview with Clement Robert, new Master Sommelier and head of wine at London wine trade favourite, 28-50
* highlights of what is happening in the vineyards in the northern and southern hemispheres
* five things you may not know about the Douro Valley in Portugal
* and a MW standard quiz matching indigenous grape varieties to their home countries
Keep up with the wine industry's news and views on the Grapevine